The Athlete’s vs Crohn’s & Colitis scholarship is given to a high school athlete “who has demonstrated qualities consistent with the belief that luck is largely a byproduct of persistence, hard work, and positive attitude in tough or unfamiliar situations.”
Here are our newest members of the AVC family – our 2020 scholarship recipients! We are thrilled to have these wonderful young men and women, from Cleveland and NYC, representing our organization:
- Maddie Showalter: attending Kent State University to study Nursing and Biology
- Max Ali: attending Rochester Institute of Technology to study Mechanical Engineering
- Bridget Douglas: attending Eastern Michigan University to study Occupational Therapy
- Zach Paley: attending Indiana University to study Sports Management
- Jalin Walters: attending Onondaga Community College to study biology
- Toby Faller: attending University of Miami
Our annual scholarship was established in 2017 to honor high school athletes who display courage, resiliency, and refusal to let IBD hold them back from reaching their goals by helping them with their college expenses. Our 6 winners from this year, in combination with our 4 prior honorees, brings our total scholarship grants to $50,000 over the past 3 years!
Please join us in wishing these special student athletes all the best in their future endeavors in college and beyond!